August is an energy packed month. There is a Full Moon on Monday, August 7 that is a partial lunar eclipse, followed by the Lion’s gate portal opening on August 8 and the New Moon on August 21 is a solar eclipse that is visible across a path of North America.
Eclipse energy has always fascinated me. This is the energy many of us have been feeling and waiting for ! It’s tremendously creative and has the power and punch to etherically push us along on our journey.
The energy of the eclipses always brings a twist that you won’t expect. Some eclipses are challenging while others bear gifts and opportunities. Few cosmic events are capable of bringing such dramatically good news. August is one of these months of opportunity and shift.
What are a solar eclipse and a lunar eclipse?
-A lunar eclipse occurs when the Earth stands between the moon and the Sun, cutting off the light of the Sun from the moon. A lunar eclipse is always a full moon and usually marks endings or culmination points. They bring up memories, dreams, and emotions, so they often pack a big punch. – An eclipse of the moon will center more on the prominent women in your life (mother, wife, or female boss, for instance). This is not always the case, but you will find this will be a good rule of thumb. This may also impact the feminine side of your body (left side) and lots of movement in our hips and lower back, so you might be energetically feeling it here.
– A solar eclipse occurs when the moon stands between the Sun and the Earth, cutting off the light of the Sun. A solar eclipse is always a new moon and in astrology tends to mark new beginnings. – An eclipse of the Sun will more likely focus you on a prominent male in your life (father, husband, boss, or another key man). This energy often is felt in the head or sinuses and this month’s intensity may create some pressure there as well as foggy-ness.
Solar eclipses – Represent New Beginnings – most the time it means HAPPY. (Occasionally something may end too, but the accent will be more on the start than the finish.) If something ends, it means you were not aligned on your path. The changes could come gradually or suddenly. Still, the news or timing of those changes often comes as a surprise. If a solar eclipse falls on or within a few days of your birthday, you will certainly feel the effects of it over the course of the year. Changes will be complete by the time you reach your next birthday.
Eclipses come in pairs, always as a new moon and full moon two weeks apart and come up every five-and-a-half months. The eclipses in February 2017 gave us clues to how this energy may be directed now in August.
At eclipse time, we realize that we can’t control everything – they are meant to help us to evolve and to become more mature, seasoned, reflective, and philosophical. This is a time to expect the unexpected and to allow space for the unexpected. Be in your heart and not as much in your head thinking how ‘things’ should be. This is the space the universe fills in something different or better than what you’d thought of. It sometimes doesn’t feel this way, but these eclipses are about evolution and alignment of our soul as we progress to higher dimensions of being, all while gaining access to more aspects of information. So the unexpected might be something that’s not even on your radar as you evolve to new space.
Events that follow an eclipse have more weight than events brought on by a typical new or full moon. In fact, an eclipse is like a new or full moon on steroids! The events brought on by an eclipse often pack much more punch and may even bring on an event that seems “fated.”
Keep this rule in mind: The universe will not abide empty space. Whenever a vacuum is created, the universe rushes to fill it. Have faith that this will happen in your life and all that you “lose” will be replaced. Often the next stage turns out to be far better than the one you just left.
Points to Keep in Mind
- Eclipses are dramatic “wild cards” in our horoscopes that we don’t see coming.
- Eclipses bring news of big life events.
- Eclipses always bring unexpected changes of direction
- You may feel like you are walking across a bridge to a new land at eclipse time.
- Eclipses will always play with our sense of time and change it by compressing it and speeding things up.
- Eclipses can help you do things you never thought you could do, overcome fears, and show yes, you CAN do it!
- The ancients always wrote that if you act under an eclipse, especially a full moon eclipse (lunar), the plan will not work out quite the way you expected.
- Often a lunar eclipse will remove a person or element in your life that you thought you needed but don’t.
- Keep this rule in mind: The universe will not abide empty space. Whenever a vacuum is created, the universe rushes to fill it.
- Take note of ALL news and signals you get near eclipses.
During the intensity of August energy, create time to expand the space for the universe to fill in. When things begin to show up, you’ll get to decide to take action or not. Remember taking no action is taking the action of doing nothing, so be aware of the focus of what you want.